Sunday, February 10, 2008

More Answers to Emails

Hey Guy,

I was a district manager at the Sun News in 1985. Jack Waples had just left and Mike Iannacone was my new boss - in circulation. I have his email address and we still communicate regularly. I sent him a link to your site.....

I took my VHS video camera in the pressroom once and I have some coooool video of the guys running the presses and the large paper rolls squeeking, etc.... awesome stuff. Maybe I will try to get some of that video on YouTube for you... - Bruce

Hi Bruce,

This is awesome, glad to hear the word is spreading.If you have any of the stuff like this laying around, please hook me up.

5 comments:

sacratomato said...

Please, pretty please DO post the video to YouTube -- I was editor at the Stetson newspaper in the 80s and we used the Sun News to lay out our paper every other week. Later I worked as a Sun News reporter for a little while. I have such great memories of the place.

Anonymous said...

I worked for 5 yrs at DeLand Sun News the same time as Jack Waples did! Can someone please help me with a phone number for my resume? Thanks!

NyRaised said...

I also worked with Jack Waples. I was the circulation manager for their sister paper the Four Towns Enterprise in Orange City. I would also work with Jack in the pressroom on that old Boss Community press pushing out the shopper and helping the careers get all the inserts done. I was assistant circulation manager with Jack during the 80's and was hired by Jim Jordan the General Manager. Jack and I became close friends over the years.

NyRaised said...

Typo.. Goss Community Press not boss, hard for an old guy like me to type on this phone.. lol

NyRaised said...

When did you work with Jack? I was a circulation manager there with Jack during the 80's