Thursday, January 31, 2008

Answers to Emails

WOW!!! So good to see the DeLand Sun News back. I lived in Deland from 1988 to 1996 and am trying to get back there now. Miss it very much. Thanks for bringing back the paper. - Sean
Hi Sean,

Thanks for writing. I lived in DeLand from 1977 to 1991 myself, looks like we had some overlap. I moved away, but I never get away completely, my parents still live in DeLand and love it, of course. I visit once or twice a year - DeLand's growth is really stunning. As for bringing back the paper, that had to be the easiest decision I ever made. I really miss the style of newspaper that the Sun News always was and that the Internet seems to have destroyed. I'm trying to bring that feel to this site.
I am interested in your archive records for 1990. - Judy
Hi Judy,

Unfortunately, we're not really the DeLand Sun News. I mean we are now, but we're not the old institution made new again - we have no archives. When the Sun News was bought out and subsequently shut down by the Daytona Beach News Journal in 1991, whatever archives there were went with it. If there is anything that remains of what would have been the DeLand Sun News archives, the News Journal would have it - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

1 comment:

Bill said...

The DeLand Sun News are on Microfilm in the Genealogy room of the DeLand library and can be viewed there.
From 1887 to 1992 when they were bought out
Bill